Friday, December 18, 2009

MIXING IT UP


Yeah, yeah. I know what you're thinking. Another poker blog. Great. The world needs another poker blog like Tiger Woods needs another Bennigan's cocktail waitress. Well, this blog may very well morph into a movie, sports, or food blog. Who knows. What I do know is that half of my miniscule bankroll is gone due to apathetic play, outright stupid play (when am I going to learn to fucking stop slow playing sets?!? Or slow playing at all for that matter), and a few bad beats mixed in. Time to take a break and mentally prepare for my Foxwoods trip. In the meantime, I will continue my dedication to entertain you, my loyal readers, with jokes, pictures, and witty observations. So here we go:


Guy is at a poker game. He hits bottom two pair and hears a voice in his head "Go all-in." So he does, everyone calls and his two pair hold up. The voice says "Play a tournament." So he takes that money and enters a tourney. At the final table he has the Hammer in late position and the voice says "Bluff them." So he does and wins a huge pot. After winning the tourney the voice says "Go to Vegas." So he goes to Vegas and enters the Main Event. Halfway through the tourney he is dealt two black aces! The voice says "Go all-in." So he does, and gets three callers! The flop comes 10h-Jh-Qh and the voice says "Oh shit."
****************

"No officer, I absolutely have not been huffing paint. Why would you ask that. I have definitely, 100 percent not been....why are you holding up that mirror...ohhh. Yeah. I've been huffing paint."

*******************

Last, just a shout out to my beloved Vikings, who appear to be back on track after a rough loss to Arizona, and the rougher loss of E.J. Henderson. Is this their year? I can only hope. I've been down this road many times before. I know better than to take anything for granted. Go Vikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment